• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL - Legal Responsibilities to start e-Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erj145aviator

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law): IL

I have a few general questions about starting an e-business.

My first attempt is based on starting a web hosting company... (I know a dime a dozen, but I have means to a pretty good client base). At any rate, my questions:

1. What do I have to do to become a legal business?
- The type of structure will be equal partnership (two people).\

2. What should I do to protect my company image, website, and personal assets.

I do not want to become Inc. until my income justifies the related costs of becoming Inc. Essentially, I want to know the bare minimum I need to do so I can operate my business as a legitimate e-business. Once the business income is at least 1,500 per month - I will then hire and consult with an attorney. But as of now, there isn't enough money or income to justify legal expenses. (DBA filings, trade marks, copyrighting, creating contracts to protect my half of the ownership etc etc etc).What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">