• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal or not to use international bill-to-caller phone lines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alpha13

What is the name of your state? California

Are there any requirements for a USA company to use 900 numbers for bill-to-caller lines? I ask because there are other countries that have none of those requirements that 900 numbers have so I would rather use them for my service lines.

FarmerJ

I think I would be more concerned about the service providers charge back policys first. I knew some one who used 900 /976 numbers years ago for his business, his biggest complaint about them was when customers called them some times later on they would dispute the fees with the phone co they used and at that time many phone co just removed the charges from the bill because customer insisted they didnt know they were going to be billed. The business who had the 900 /976 number not only lost what the cut they were to get of the call but lost the fee for the service providers portion. You might be able to get more information regarding 900 use from your states public utility commission and local providers since they too would have to offer services that follow any state statutes regulating them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">