• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indie Contractor being sued here...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BBMAN

I pseudo-contracted with a company (with no signed contract nor any non-disclosure form). My last check was for the first half of June 1999. They stopped paying me, promising to do, but yet I stayed to help them. I was sure they would pay. When no more payments came, I left. I took a contract position (signed) with a current client of the previous company (August 1999). I submitted a proposal of services, delivered and got paid. Now the previous owner wants my money. He threatens to sue that I was developing biz while still with him in July - but I had left the previous company because of their inability to pay me - I had a wife to support.

please help me!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">