• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

internet fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CindyW

A few months ago I ordered 12 fashion magazines from a company on the internet - www.englishmagazines.co.uk. This was basically an annual subscription and I was to receive each monthly issue as it was released. This order was confirmed by the company and shortly afterwards the full amount for the order was debited from my credit card by English Magazines. This amount was 75 pounds sterling which translated into 790 rands here in South Africa. A lot of money. I then received 3 issues - 1 each month for the first few months. Since then, nothing. I haven't received anything for ages. I've sent them at least 20 e-mails requesting assistance, but have had no response at all, even though I've got receipt mails for all of my messages. Their e-mail address is the only contact address that I have, aside from a postal address on their site. I can't find any listing for them or their postal address in online directories for the UK. I'm incredibly frustrated and angry as it seems as if they've defrauded me and stolen my money. Do I have any recourse to the law in this matter, and is there any way that I can recover the rest of my money? I'm quite desperate - please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">