• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

invation of privacy during commercial purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

solobrown54

My wife and I have an S-Corporation, non-profit. We went to one of the office suppy company to make a purchase.

My wife issued and tender our corporate check for the purchase of the item, but surprisingly, the office suply company refused to accept the check.

When we asked why?, we were told that my wife personal credit is bad.

We asked " How did you know my wife personal credit is bad?" We were told "our check service company provide us the information about your personal credit"

Neither my wife or I have ever issued a bad personal or commercial check. Neither of us authorized either the office supply company or their chech service company to pull our personal credit record.

We did not provide the store with our social security card numbers nor did we sign any document authorizing them to do so.

We feel their going into our personal credit information do decide whether to accept or reject our corporate check is "invasion of our privacy" Here are my questions for you:

(1) Do either the office supply or their chech service company has legal rights to go into our personal credit records, without our consent?

(2) If I decide to sue them in a civil court, what are the charges I can file against them?

(3) In the State of California, what will be the legal form nunber and tittle I can use to file my claim?

(4) Could you also refer me to an attorney that will be willing to handle this case and receive payment after the case has been settled?

Please, send me e-mail of your answer to each question.
service

ALawyer

Unless the rejection was in a loud and public manner "attention k-mart shoppers, mary smith has bad credit" I can't imagine any lawyer in her right mind taking a foolish case like that, especially on a contingency. When you tender a check someone has to estimate if it is good and stores often run a credit search on the maker.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">