• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jetta

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

On july of 1999 I bought a 1996 ford taurus with 40,000 miles in the odometer and title a few months later a vw dealer in queens NY offered me $5000.00 as a trade in to buy a new 2000 VW jetta which I accepted and paid the dealer the balance in full and the deal was closed.exactly 3 1/2 months later they called me to tell me that there was a problem with mileage and they run a check on the car and found a posible odometer rolldown
before of 40,000 miles from before I even bought the car.now the dealer claims I am liable for the difference and feel they gave me too much for the trade in.I feel I am not liable for the posible rolldown since it happened before I bought it and is documented.I also feel it was the dealer's responsability to do all their checks at the time they inspected the car and not 3 1/2 months after we closed the deal.please help understand how much I am liable in this case or how to proceed to solve this dispute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">