• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A John Smith Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gitman

If I own an LLC company (sole member) can I put something like: A John Smith Company in the footer of the site, even if John Smith (name of the company's owner) isn't a parent company.

HomeGuru

If I own an LLC company (sole member) can I put something like: A John Smith Company in the footer of the site, even if John Smith (name of the company's owner) isn't a parent company.
**A: what site and why not use the legal name LLC.

Gitman

the llc company name is used... the A john Smith company.. is just like a tag or something, the actual company name is used in the footer by the copyright, I'm just wondering if the owner of an llc - can put something like this on the site.

HomeGuru

the llc company name is used... the A john Smith company.. is just like a tag or something, the actual company name is used in the footer by the copyright, I'm just wondering if the owner of an llc - can put something like this on the site.
**A: I guess you are talking about a website. You can state the LLC and dba the name you want to use.

Gitman

**A: I guess you are talking about a website. You can state the LLC and dba the name you want to use.
I guess you don't understand what I'm saying. Yea, I'm talking about a website. Have you ever seen at the bottom of a website, you'll see something like: An HP Company... which means the company is a subsidiary of HP.

Well, I am wondering if I can write something like that at the bottom of my site, even though my company isn't a subsidiary of any other company. I just want to use my name, like: A John Smith Company... meaning it's a company I own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">