• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement after nonpay of fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rich114

I was in the market for new siding on my home about two years ago. I had a representative of a large local outfit come to my home and write me a quote. I signed a form saying that I would allow them to do the work for the said amount and agreed not to cancel after 3 days. Four days later I was contacted by an individual whose wife worked at this outfit and was told he could do the same job with the same crew for less than half of what they quoted me. I checked with the original contractor to see if anything had been done that would cost me money I.E. order materials etc. There had been nothing done at that point. I cancelled the contract and was threatened to be taken to court unless I paid a variety of fees such as restocking, commission etc. The total was something like $700 or $800. I asked the new contractor why I had to pay them and he said not to worry about it, that it was a scare tactic they normally use. He said they would drop it before taking it to court. I never heard anything agin until now. I found I have a judgement on my credit report from this company for over $1000.00! I called them and they said they would take the judgement off if I paid them. What should I do? I did sign that form and I was taking someones word on this. I just feel like they are getting something for nothing. They did no work. I would understand if I got something in return for that money, but I haven't. I live in VA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">