• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My question is in reference to a judgement placed upon myself and my now deceased mother.I was recently served with papers making my wife and father in law give a deposition and produce their personal financial documents to the attorney.They are not part of this case and I don not own any real estate or automobiles.Everything we have is in my wifes name.I want to know if they have to produce these documents and do they have to give a deposition on something they are not envolved in.thank you.

P

peter

SEE you have not given us any specfic information, just a what if

What if..is what i want know, did you purposly transferr your asstes to your wife or daddio to escape anything?

Like child support, IRS, judgements.....they are suspicious of you , are you trying to commit FRAUD?

If not then what do your daddy and wife have to hide from?

JETX

Yes, your wife and F-I-L must complete the information.

A judgment creditor can perform a 'debtor examination' on anyone he/she thinks might have information that will allow enforcement of the judgment.

We do this all the time. Usually in an attempt to discover seizable assets that might have been fraudulently transferred. However, since you didn't tell us what state you are in, another reason could be due to community property statutes in some states. In that case, what is your wifes' can be seized for your debts, and your F-I-L for his deceased wife's debts (especially if he is the heir).

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">