• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment Processing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fuzzacat

I am interested in processing judgments for local attorneys/creditors in Oklahoma. I need to know if I obtain judgments from creditors that already have an attorney who filed the suit but it is nearly the statutes without activity if the creditor can terminate with the attorney and reassign to me? Is it correct that I can only garnish or levy on judgments and not liens? I am in Oklahoma.

Thanks.

JETX

If the Plaintiff was represented by an attorney, he (the Plaintiff) will need to file a 'Substitution of Attorney' form releasing the 'Attorney of Record' and returning control to himself. Then he can assign the judgment over to you.

Garnishment and Executions are processes used to enforce the judgment. A lien or levy is a result of the enforcement process, and as such there is no garnishment process for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fuzzacat:
I am interested in processing judgments for local attorneys/creditors in Oklahoma. I need to know if I obtain judgments from creditors that already have an attorney who filed the suit but it is nearly the statutes without activity if the creditor can terminate with the attorney and reassign to me? Is it correct that I can only garnish or levy on judgments and not liens? I am in Oklahoma.

Thanks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">