• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LASIK eye surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chad52271

(Texas) I recently had LASIK eye surgery done on my left eye and now a year after surgery my vision has not improved. I did sign a contract \ waiver before surgery. The Dr. assured me that he could "defenitely" improve the vision in my left eye. A year later the vision in my left eye has not improved. The vision is actually worse considering I can not see 20\20 with corrective lens where before surgery I could. Is there ground for any legal action to be taken on my part? If so, please advise. Thank you in advance. Chad

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chad52271:
(Texas) I recently had LASIK eye surgery done on my left eye and now a year after surgery my vision has not improved. I did sign a contract \ waiver before surgery. The Dr. assured me that he could "defenitely" improve the vision in my left eye. A year later the vision in my left eye has not improved. The vision is actually worse considering I can not see 20\20 with corrective lens where before surgery I could. Is there ground for any legal action to be taken on my part? If so, please advise. Thank you in advance. Chad<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not unless due to gross negligence and malpractice on the part of the surgeon. Read the contract/waiver you signed and the disclaimers in the brochures and literature. It states that there is no guaranty etc.

Make an appointment with your Dr.and have your eyes checked to get his/her opinion as to why no improvement/worse condition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">