• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawn Mowing Business - Legal Stuff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markdavis2

Hey Guys! I live in Texas.

I am starting a Lawn Mowing Business. What legal stuff do I need to get done (Tax ID, etc...) Is there anything else? How do I go about getting a Tax ID?

-Mark

Ozark_Sophist

I have friends with a commercial lawn care buisness. I believe they even contract out or have a special deal with a local glass place.

Two of my coworkers were driving down a busy 4 lane at 45mph when the rear passenger side window shattered from a lawn mower propelled rock. The coworker in the passenger seat is blind so the shock and noise really affected him. Fortunately it was the rear window.

Your local government may also have some requirements (license, bond, insurance).

clueless3

I am starting a Lawn Mowing Business. What legal stuff do I need to get done (Tax ID, etc...)
You need to decide whether you want to operate as a Sole Proprietorship (not recommended), or an LLC, or a Corp. Then you need to file with the Secretary of State accordingly (not if you do a sole proprietorship).

You can choose to file for a Fictitious Name from your County.

You need to get a business license from your City.

You can file for a Tax ID online with the IRS:
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=102766,00.html

Good luck!

markdavis2

THANKS! Ya'll are the best! I do know a little about law, but was having trouble finding what exactly I needed to work in the Lawn Care Business. Thanks-a-million Guys! Ya'll are the best!:)

-Mark

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">