• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal? HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hillsoglory

Georgia-

I have a home equity loan for $26K at 19% interest. The loan officer told me at closing that after 6 months of paying on time, I could get a lower interest rate at 12.9%. I applied for this lower rate after paying on time every month for 12 months now and they won't give me this quoted rate now because I lost my main job last October and I don't bring in enough $. I am working part-time and have renters. Can they do this?

HomeGuru

hillsoglory said:
Georgia-

I have a home equity loan for $26K at 19% interest. The loan officer told me at closing that after 6 months of paying on time, I could get a lower interest rate at 12.9%. I applied for this lower rate after paying on time every month for 12 months now and they won't give me this quoted rate now because I lost my main job last October and I don't bring in enough $. I am working part-time and have renters. Can they do this?
**A: yes they can. It is common sense that you are not the same credit risk now then you were back then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">