• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal obligations of having an affiliate program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NoSheetSherlock

My question involves business law in the state of: Washington

I recently started a digital service business and would like to set myself up with an affiliate program. I found the FTC law book regarding affiliate marketing but it is 43 pages of a whole lot of nonsense to me as someone who does not study law. So if someone is experienced and capable of explaining to me all of my legal obligations in having an affiliate program that would be fantastic.

Proserpina

I recently started a digital service business and would like to set myself up with an affiliate program. I found the FTC law book regarding affiliate marketing but it is 43 pages of a whole lot of nonsense to me as someone who does not study law. So if someone is experienced and capable of explaining to me all of my legal obligations in having an affiliate program that would be fantastic.

This is where you'd hire an attorney.

Nobody here is going to walk you through the whole thing.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

You've already said that you don't want our advice. :cool:

Lol you guys are a bunch of hot heads. Please just answer the question. If you cannot answer the question then please refrain from posting on this thread. Not looking for criticism, especially since you dont know anything about my business or how I am running it. Not that I should feel the need to defend myself but I will say that I never said I do not need an accountant or any other assumption you arrogant people would like to make. I simply asked for the laws regarding hiring of an IC, Employee, or Affiliate. All other responses are irrelevant. and simply looking to stir up trouble
https://forum.freeadvice.com/hiring-firing-wrongful-termination-5/hiring-marketers-paid-commission-596764.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">