• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal ramifications of starting new business....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MiaKMan

What is the name of your state? FL

Was wondering what the legal ramifications of starting a C Corp. in the state of Florida. The business will provide legal services on a membership basis (no fees collected, only montly membership fees). All business aspects (membership/sales) of the corp. will be handled by a non-attorney. In such instance one of our members would require our service, an attorney on staff will render all services. My question is....will I require a corporate officer who is an attorney, if I am not one? Actually, my question should be...am I allowed to do this in the first place, but if I am and if so.....what percentage of ownership must this attorney have? Thanks in advanced!!

seniorjudge

The first thing you need to do is check with the state bar to find out if this is the unauthorized practice of law.

Also, you will probably need a license from the insurance bureaucrats since you are starting an insurance carrier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">