• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Zoom Reviews?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KevinAckerman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

Has anyone used legal zoom? I always use a lawyer but someone recommended I use this for setting up my llc?

Last edited:

If you wanted to save money, you could always go to the website for the corporation commission or secretary of state for your state. They generally have publicly available forms for setting up LLCs.

However, if you have an attorney who regularly handles matters for you, it's a good idea to let him do it. Not because it gives him business, but because it makes sure that your attorney is aware of this company, and has better information in his files on your business and financial situations. Presumably, this attorney is going to be the statutory agent for the LLC, and will handle its legal representation in any matters that may arise. It's much easier for an attorney to represent your LLC if he already has information, and is familiar with, the LLC and its doings. It's sort of one of those "ounce of provision is worth a pound of cure" things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">