• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legality of owning 2 companies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kcolt22

I am in the process of setting up a new business. A question has come up as to whether I should start 2 instead of one. Company One would collect certain goods (electronics) and then sell them to Company 2. The revenue generated by the sale would be donated to charities (by Company 1). Company 2 would then resell the purchased goods at a higher price. Basically, I don't want the "resale" aspect of the business to be reflected on Company 1. Under one business, I would donate a percentage of the profits and take the rest of the profit for the company.

So, is my idea legal or is there a way to make it legal? Maybe there is an entirely different avenue I can research.

I would appreciate any help that can be provide. Thanks

Kris

HomeGuru

kcolt22 said:
I am in the process of setting up a new business. A question has come up as to whether I should start 2 instead of one. Company One would collect certain goods (electronics) and then sell them to Company 2. The revenue generated by the sale would be donated to charities (by Company 1). Company 2 would then resell the purchased goods at a higher price. Basically, I don't want the "resale" aspect of the business to be reflected on Company 1. Under one business, I would donate a percentage of the profits and take the rest of the profit for the company.

So, is my idea legal or is there a way to make it legal? Maybe there is an entirely different avenue I can research.

I would appreciate any help that can be provide. Thanks

Kris
**A: post on the Tax Law forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">