• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legality of Selling Religious Novelty Items.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaching

If I sell something like.....

"Jackets that will protect you from demons this winter."

Something in that manner.

What exactly type of disclaimer will i need to avoid someone trying to sue me....say they said they were demonized or whatever. And I'm sure someone will try in this great country of lawsuits.

Cheers

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Chaching said:
If I sell something like.....

Something in that manner.

What exactly type of disclaimer will i need to avoid someone trying to sue me....say they said they were demonized or whatever. And I'm sure someone will try in this great country of lawsuits.

Cheers

My response:

Before you make 1000 jackets with slogans or whatever, make sure you take an English grammar course - - and PASS IT!

Otherwise, you'll end up wasting all that money.

IAAL

Chaching

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Before you make 1000 jackets with slogans or whatever, make sure you take an English grammar course - - and PASS IT!

Otherwise, you'll end up wasting all that money.

IAAL
:rolleyes: Wow! I came here for one suggestion but got two instead. What a DEAL!
Grammar police on patrol. :eek:
Anyhow, I'm not selling any jackets. I just have a silly idea similar to my original question. The lady that started the "WWJD" bands has done quite well so far. I just have and idea just as silly.

Edit: I had to read this message twice to ensure no grammatical errors were present.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Chaching said:
Edit: I had to read this message twice to ensure no grammatical errors were

present.

My response:

And you still blew it - - even with reading your message twice! Incredible!

"I just have and idea just as silly."

IAAL

LK.

Well...wouldn't there be some liability because the mfr. claims that the jacket protects against demons (in the winter)? :D

Or, does the mfr. have little to worry about because there is little or no legal definition as to what does and does not protect against demons? ;)

Or, should the wording be vague? Perhaps "made from a fabric known by the ancients to protect against demons, in the winter" would suffice.

(Or, am I just getting waaaay too punchy?)

Chaching

LK. said:
Well...wouldn't there be some liability because the mfr. claims that the jacket protects against demons (in the winter)? :D

Or, does the mfr. have little to worry about because there is little or no legal definition as to what does and does not protect against demons? ;)

Or, should the wording be vague? Perhaps "made from a fabric known by the ancients to protect against demons, in the winter" would suffice.

(Or, am I just getting waaaay too punchy?)
People will buy just about anything if marketed well. Remember PET ROCK? ;)
I'm not going to sell Jackets. It's going to be something a lot more silly. Regardless, I like the way you think. Let's talk. my e-mail is don_davi at hotmail dot com. I posted my original question not wanting to end up on this frivolous lawsuits list.

Who gives a ... about grammar/spelling on message boards. It's a bloody message board. I post on at least a dozen different forums and in many topics. The last thing I care about is my spelling. All I care about is getting some questions answered and answering someone else's questions. Seriously, get a life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

And you still blew it - - even with reading your message twice! Incredible!

"I just have and idea just as silly."

IAAL
Okay, I hate bad grammar too, but that was an obvious typo. You need to chill out a bit.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
However, you ended your sentence with a preposition. No points.
Actually you're wrong. There is no absolute rule against ending a sentence with a preposition. That's a common musunderstanding. The rule though is that you generally put the most important element of the sentence at the end. Putting a preposition at the end of a sentence generally violates that. But there are times that a sentence with preposition in the middle of the sentence sounds much worse than putting the preposition at the end of the sentence. In that case, if you can't otherwise rewrite the sentence, you put the preposition at the end of the sentence and call it a night.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Rhubarb297 said:
Okay, I hate bad grammar too, but that was an obvious typo. You need to chill out a bit.

My response:

You just don't get it, do you?

Let me take you by the hand and I'll explain this entire thread to you:

Our writer said - -

"If I sell something like.....

Something in that manner."

I made it sound like he was sewing little religious sayings on these jackets. And then I noticed that in EVERY one of his replies, he kept misspelling a word or two. Now, this entire thread was cumulative, including the writer's reply with the misplaced "and". So, how would you like to buy a jacket with all of his misspellings?

That was the whole point - - not just one of his/her/its replies!

What a dufus. Now, we're done taking a stroll.

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">