• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lein on business I am in the process of buying???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SariD

California :D

Hello,
I am in the process of buying a poorly run business with much potential. Here is the deal, not long after I made plans to purchase said business, I found out that the owner was getting charged with tax evasion! Thus, thier daughter has taken over the business and basically run it into the ground. She changed the business information into her name about 1 month ago (after the tax issue) NOW, she has informed me that the IRS has placed a lein on her parents AND the business. The daughter wants the $$$ for the business and would like to keep the deal between us (so her parents do not get any $). My question is, can I get around this lein, or am I going to have to buy out the lein AND the business if I want it enough. Also, if I were to buy the business, am I obligated to cover the lein?
side note- I will be changing the name, and there will be no information linking me to the previous owners (excpet the address of the business)
Thank you for your help!
SariD :confused:

Last edited:

HomeGuru

SariD said:
California :D

Hello,
I am in the process of buying a poorly run business with much potential. Here is the deal, not long after I made plans to purchase said business, I found out that the owner was getting charged with tax evasion! Thus, thier daughter has taken over the business and basically run it into the ground. She changed the business information into her name about 1 month ago (after the tax issue) NOW, she has informed me that the IRS has placed a lein on her parents AND the business. The daughter wants the $$$ for the business and would like to keep the deal between us (so her parents do not get any $). My question is, can I get around this lein, or am I going to have to buy out the lein AND the business if I want it enough. Also, if I were to buy the business, am I obligated to cover the lein?
side note- I will be changing the name, and there will be no information linking me to the previous owners (excpet the address of the business)
Thank you for your help!
SariD :confused:
**A: why would you even want to get involved in this mess?

S

SariD

Thank you for your honest opinion, it was very insightful.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">