• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lemon laws help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cutterman21

im 21, from ms coast.in december of 99 i bought a 1999 grand am, pontiac. demo car. i have taken the car into the shop at least once a month for a reaccurring rotor problem. just cant deal with the stress any more. i was told by a friend that my car qualifies as a lemon. what should i do? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you for any answers you may have.

K

keeshy2

Do a search on the internet for "lemon laws" - there are many websites out there that deal with this by giving pertinent state laws. But don't go by what your friend says - here in Virginia it has to be a MAJOR defect that occurs twice in 18 months that could pose a threat to safety, and my rotor problem on a 99 Acura didn't count. Look it up!
Good luck - we all hate to spend $15-20K and then find out it's a bad car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">