• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdhohio

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My husband owns a sandblasting and painting company. It is a sole prop. He recently turned in an estimate to repaint some structures at a community park that had been spray painted with graffeti(sp). The court is asking that the juvenile offenders be allowed to assist in the repainting. Although he is all for them having to fix what they ruined we are worried about his liability if one of the juveniles where to get hurt. ie...trip over their own feet, breathing problems from paint fumes etc. Our insurance forbids us from hiring underage people because most of our work is in the coal mines. Is there a form I could get them to sign to release us from this liability? And if so..do you know where I could get a copy of it? Or at least some examples of this type of form so I may make my own and make sure it is legal. Thanks in advance for your help.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My husband owns a sandblasting and painting company. It is a sole prop. He recently turned in an estimate to repaint some structures at a community park that had been spray painted with graffeti(sp). The court is asking that the juvenile offenders be allowed to assist in the repainting. Although he is all for them having to fix what they ruined we are worried about his liability if one of the juveniles where to get hurt. ie...trip over their own feet, breathing problems from paint fumes etc. Our insurance forbids us from hiring underage people because most of our work is in the coal mines. Is there a form I could get them to sign to release us from this liability? And if so..do you know where I could get a copy of it? Or at least some examples of this type of form so I may make my own and make sure it is legal. Thanks in advance for your help.
You need to start with your insurance company. If you are forbidden from hiring minors, I'm not sure that they won't set you up for cancellation for not following their rules, even though the juvenile delinquents aren't employees. They can't release you from liability since any lawsuit would be filed by their parents on their behalf. And, having a form signed won't stop a lawsuit, although it might help in your defense. Your insurance company won't pay for your defense.

kdhohio

Thanks so much for the fast reply. I will contact my insurance company but it just seems to much of a problem for the small amount we will be paid. I thought that since the juvenile court was requiring them to help us they may be the liable party (Juveniles working for them while renting our equipment) and would certainly back us if there was a problem...but I wasn't sure and after reading some of the posts here I got extremely paranoid. Thanks again for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">