• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sebben

What is the name of your state New York? web based company doing business in all states.

I am a landscape design firm in New Your. I have a web based business that serves all states. I do ONLY landscape design, I am a landscape designer and not a landscape architect.

My only business is to design landscapes for clients and provide them with the drawings, material lists for the project. We don't do any instillation and only provide the plans for the project.

In previous seasons we did the instillation and I was covered by a liability insurance policy. Since we do no physical work at the clients site do I still need a liability policy?

The way my process works is that we do the deign work, produce the drawings and then I help the client locate a local contractor to do the actual instillation work. These contractors will have the appropriate licenses and insurance coverage to complete the work at the clients site.

moburkes

What is the name of your state New York? web based company doing business in all states.

I am a landscape design firm in New Your. I have a web based business that serves all states. I do ONLY landscape design, I am a landscape designer and not a landscape architect.

My only business is to design landscapes for clients and provide them with the drawings, material lists for the project. We don't do any instillation and only provide the plans for the project.

In previous seasons we did the instillation and I was covered by a liability insurance policy. Since we do no physical work at the clients site do I still need a liability policy?

The way my process works is that we do the deign work, produce the drawings and then I help the client locate a local contractor to do the actual instillation work. These contractors will have the appropriate licenses and insurance coverage to complete the work at the clients site.
Absolutely. It could potentially save you THOUSANDS in defense costs IF you are ever sued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">