• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License needed for my new business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Terry from MI

I plan to start a new business conducting seminars in Michigan. Do I need a license for this? Do I need to be registered anywhere? Do I need to be affiliated with a school? Or can I just go out and build a client base and offer my seminar. The seminar is based on leadership skills.

JETX

Before you start your business, you need to do a few things:
1) Decide if you want to be a sole proprietorship or a corporation?? There are benefits and negatives to each business form.
2) Once you decide, you need to register your business name with the county. Also, if you are going to incorporate, you need to comply with your states statutes.
3) Finally, contact your states licensing board and see if your activities need to be licensed and/or bonded.
4) Hang your shingle and get to work.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">