• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BossCompany

Colorado

So my company did some snow removal for an HOA at the end of April, and we still have not received payment. We have not heard about why exactly we are not being paid either.

We do lawn maintenance for the company and terminated the contract, so all payments are due on Saturday, I am sure we will not receive this months payment, and we still have yet to receive the payment for May.

We have been talking and considering our options, we think that putting a lien on the properties is the best way to go. I was just hoping for some advice and where to start the process, also can we put the lien on all the houses, there are a lot though, around 75

Andy0192

You did the work for the Homeowner's Association. Did you have a written contract? What does your contract state for payment terms, and what are your options if they're in default? Did you agree to anything like arbitration?

When you say that you haven't heard the reason they're not paying for snow removal in April - did you send them any kind of certified mail and request payment ?

When you say that you terminated your lawn maintenance contract, again, did you send them written notice and tell them what part of their contract they had breached, and did they respond?

I'm not a lawyer, but I'd bet that a lawyer would want to know the answers to those questions.

BossCompany

You did the work for the Homeowner's Association. Did you have a written contract? What does your contract state for payment terms, and what are your options if they're in default? Did you agree to anything like arbitration?

When you say that you haven't heard the reason they're not paying for snow removal in April - did you send them any kind of certified mail and request payment ?

When you say that you terminated your lawn maintenance contract, again, did you send them written notice and tell them what part of their contract they had breached, and did they respond?

I'm not a lawyer, but I'd bet that a lawyer would want to know the answers to those questions.
We have a contract with them, and it states that all unpaid balances will have a service charge, and all costs of collections, including attorney fees, and court cost will be paid. There balance just keeps going up, but not sure how to actually make them pay.

We have not sent any certified mail, but we have email reply's stating they have got the invoice, for every invoice we have sent.

We did tell them we are terminating the contract, and as stated in the contract you don't need a reason, as long as you give 30 days notice. We had them sign the paper stating they got the termination notice, as we drooped it off ourselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">