• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lien filing or guidance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlanza

i operate a small marine repair business, and i was confronted to repower a customers vessel, i found parts needed for repairs and asked a speific sum. it took the customer 1 year to pay for parts and is now stating that the sum specified should have included labor and other materials for the completion of the job. work has been performed and they are refusing further payment, what steps do i need to take to secure a lien or judgement on this job. i have posession of the vessel to date and have not refused delivery.however work is not complete, due to contentions of no further payments to be made to me for services rendered.
please inform me what needs to be done
i have plenty of documentation if needed
thanks

T

Tracey

Read the FL statutes on mechanic's/materialman's liens. You have to file the lien within a certain number of days after the last day you worked on the boat.

Liens are covered in Florida Code Title XL, Ch. 713. Specific statutes for you to read....

713.60 Liens for labor on or for vessels.--713.08 Claim of lien.-- Includes forms
328.15 Notice of lien on vessel; recording.--

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">