• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Limitation for business to process Credit Card Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

logicdude

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Is there a limit to how long a business can run a credit card? I performed a transaction in May of 2008 for $250 with a purchase of a item. Presented my credit card and signed off. Never thought anything of it, but now over 18 months later, they are contacting me and say they had forgotten to run the credit card. That credit card expired since and it will no longer go thru as a valid chargs. I truly believe I received the bill and paid it. But since it has been so long, I cannot verify the transaction on statements. I can only go back to June of 2008 and not May. Does the merchant have an obligation to run a credit card transaction in a timely manner? If there a limitation as to the time frame. Am I still obligated to pay for a purchase made over 19 months ago when I presented payment in good faith?? Please let me know thanks LanceWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">