• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On-line business competition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prespit

What is the name of your state? California

I wish to establish an on-line business but have discovered there is just one other company already in business, same concept. Because of the unique nature of this business it will require a VERY skilled lawyer to break new ground in order to set up shop, as well be in a position to offer advise on beating the competition. I have since learned of the attorney’s name the competition is using. It’s tempting to approach him because he’s already gone through the learning curve and can understandably best advise me. However, being that he represents the competition, realistically how much can he be of service to me, or worse, a threat?

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state? California

I wish to establish an on-line business but have discovered there is just one other company already in business, same concept. Because of the unique nature of this business it will require a VERY skilled lawyer to break new ground in order to set up shop, as well be in a position to offer advise on beating the competition. I have since learned of the attorney’s name the competition is using. It’s tempting to approach him because he’s already gone through the learning curve and can understandably best advise me. However, being that he represents the competition, realistically how much can he be of service to me, or worse, a threat?
It is very unlikely that you would be able to retain this lawyer -- based on what you have written, it is very likely that he would be barred from representing you on ethical grounds, even if he did decide to drop his current client and go to work for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">