• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Linking permissions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lartucker

I am building a registry kind of site for local interior designers and artists. I want to provide a resource area where they may locate resources such as furniture stores, decor items, etc etc. Do I need anyones permission to post links and contact information to these resources. I realize that you would have to be crazy to object but what if they do?

JETX

Generally, the 'remote' sites that plan to use are probably copyright protected. As such, you could run into problems even by using the links without their permission.
There are numerous cases out there currently being litigated for this exact same thing.

Keep in mind that there is probably little likelihood of a suit, especially since you will be bringing people to their site, but their is the remote possibility that someone could take offense.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

L

lartucker

That settles that argument. The wife wins this one. (And I thought she was just being paranoid).
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">