• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liquor Store in Jacksonville Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mgators

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am thinking about opening a liquor store in Jacksonville, Florida and I am not sure what licences are required or where to find information on any requirements. Can any one help point me in the right direction?

racer72

The right direction at this time is getting a job in the business. Learn all you can about licensing laws, employment laws, tax laws, etc. Take some business classes at a local college. There is no way anyone will loan you the money to start such a business without at least a few years experience, they will likely want a lot more. Half of all businesses fail in one year, 75 percent in 2 and most fail because the person that started the business did not know everything about the business. Plus most that fail as business owner end up in bankruptcy court. Unless you are independantly wealthy, learn the business first then consider starting your own, you definitely are not going to learn all you need to know from an internet forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">