• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC or LLP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Learjtr

What is the name of your state? Texas

I own some rental properties. I have been doing business on a personal basis. I am now buying a larger property of 55 units with a partner. I need to protect myself of liability. I was looking at forming a Limited Liability company. I have since been informed that I have the option of forming a Limited Liability Partnership. I cannot find much info on a LLP what are some major differences of the two and can we have 2 General partners and no limited partners. If we want to add limited partners later is it possible and is it very hard to do? My last question is how can I tie my rental properties in to all this and keep them as my own?

Thanks,
Learjtr.

JETX

With the amount at risk, it would be ridiculous to rely on a free advice forum for this advice. Spend the small amount of money needed to get an attorney to advise you and create the documentation needed to create either entity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">