• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC as a member of an LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dvldawg0384

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA.

I own an LLC with, and I have 1 partner. We are considering spreading our business into other markets by partnering with different entrepreneurs in each new market. We would like to own 50% of each new business. This would generate new revenues for us and a healthy income for our partner. The structure we would like to maintain is that our LLC would be a member in the new LLC.

1. If we become a member in an LLC in another state, do we have register our LLC as a foreign LLC in that state, even though we will not be conducting any business in that state? (Only the new LLC, of which our LLC would be a member, would be conducting business.)

2. We started our LLC with very little capital. Can we pump additional personal funds into the business without jeopardizing our limited liability and/or tax status?

Any information would be appreciated, and please cite any relevant sources, as I have had no luck in finding answers elsewhere. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">