• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Logo Usage Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cschell

I have a question about logos. If I have, on my website, a picture of a bad product that a company made and then on that page had the logo of the company, is there any legal problems that can come from that. Am I allowed to show company logos on my website or do I need to distort the logo a little bit so that it is a little different? I just want to show people the bad products next to a good one and use the logos so I wanted to make sure before i did this.

-cschell

JETX

Whether your use of their logo is legal or not is really a minor part of your real issue.

The real question is how important is it to you to use their logo's???? Are you ready, willing and able to take on a corporate entity who can afford to hire lawyers to protect what they see (rightly or wrongly) as their 'property'??

If you are willing to spend the aggravation and probably cost of defending yourself against what might be a legal copyright or trademark case, then do it anyway. If you are not prepared to, then don't do it.
Certainly the company will have enough money to become a pretty big thorn in your side.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">