• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking For Anonymity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

I want to start a company with a colleague but want to keep my and my colleague's identities secret. I have heard that forming a corporation or LLC in Delaware allows you to remain pretty anonymous. Does anybody have any input on how I should do this and what the drawbacks or limitations are?

rmet4nzkx

What is the name of your state? CA

I want to start a company with a colleague but want to keep my and my colleague's identities secret. I have heard that forming a corporation or LLC in Delaware allows you to remain pretty anonymous. Does anybody have any input on how I should do this and what the drawbacks or limitations are?
Why would you need anonymity if you give us a name here?

I guess because a) nobody knows if this is my real name and b) Im not trying to hide my identity from you, just somebody else.

Thanks Senior Judge, you are always so helpful. :)

clueless3

There is no such thing as Secrecy; there is only Privacy. For an enemy, your Del or Nev Corp might make it hard to find out who the stockholders are, but it's not impossible. And of course the IRS always knows, one way or another; that's how they can tax us.

Another thing: Privacy will cost you a bundle, if you're willing to pay for it.

Since you're in CA, why don't you do a Nev Corp? It's closer and cheaper. Do a Corp with Bearer Shares, and hire Nominee Directors to be the officers. It's pretty extreme, but you can do it.

Pros: Privacy.

Cons: Costs a bundle (to form an out-of-state corp, resident agent fee, nominee director fee, mailforwarding service, filing for a CA foreign corp, etc.).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">