• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maiden Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wayland

What is the name of your state? NC

Can I register a new corporation with my maiden name, so it shows up on public record that way and the write up an internal document that my new name is in replace of the maiden name?

Is that legal?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? NC

Can I register a new corporation with my maiden name, so it shows up on public record that way and the write up an internal document that my new name is in replace of the maiden name?

Is that legal?
An important thing you left out: Why?

Is it legal? possibly.

However, it will probably render most, if not all of your contracts invalid. You need to sign exactly the way your name appears on your states record. Signature blocks are important on contracts.

Wayland

I don't want my name on public record as an owner. I figure if my Maiden name is there, most people won't put 2 and 2 togther

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">