• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail order not received, checked cashed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mot52

I ordered a product by mail on January 31, 2000. Company cashed my personal check on February 10, 2000 (a bank in Candada but order address is in New York. I was mailed a confirmation card that confirmed my order and indicated the product would be shipped on March 20, 2000. I have nevr received the product.

On April 1, 2000 I mailed a letter to the company requesting them to check on order and included a copy (front and back) of my personal check and a copy of the order confirmation card. In this letter I stated that if order was not shipped and received by me by April 15th to consider this a written notice of cancellation and a refund of the amount of my check they had already cashed.
As of this date (04/26/00) I have had NO response from this company and the product ordered, still has yet to be received.

It is not a huge amount of money (less than $30.00), so I'm assuming it isn't worth the time, money and effort to go though small claims. Would another letter from me inquiring again in to the status of this order be worth it or should I just chalk this up to a bad experience with a bad company?

I appreciate any response,

E

ed

I would send another letter and then give up. You are correct. The amount is too small for legal procedures.

M

mot52

Thanks Ed.

I'll try one more time.

[This message has been edited by mot52 (edited April 27, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">