• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marketing a herbal medication without side effects

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

registrations

What is the name of your state? IL

My partners and I have researched an created a herbal formulation which helps to control both type I and type II diabetes. So far we have not commercialized our medication. We have been giving this medication to family and friends through word of mouth for over 5 + years now and the success rate is 100%. We have a few friends who are in medical profession using this medication successfully. In 4- 6 weeks one can see notice the effects of this medication by getting them off insuline.

One of our family friends has agreed to submit this medication to World Health Organization (WHO) however some have also asked that it can be commercialized.

I don't have any knowledge about starting or operating any kind of business but I am willing to go that route now that we are sure that this medication works. I would like a patent and some kind of marketing for this medication.

As this is a medication do I have to get additional approvals. Also how much cost are we talking about. We as a group don't have enough cash lying around.

Please advise.

tranquility

You have a "medication" you want to market? If you want to include the United States, I hope you have millions of dollars ready for studies.

Look, if you have something that truly controls diabetes with 100% certainty, go to an attorney and beg, borrow or steal the money to protect your intellectual property rights. No court will convict you because there will be millions of people who love you and thank you for giving thier life back surrounding the courthouse at your trial. Besides, by that time you'll be a rich man and can hire attorneys who will go to jail for you.

But if you have some magic combination of twigs and leaves, why bother with protecting the formula? It will be obvious to people skilled in the art of making such things and all you are really doing is marketing anyway. Start marketing.

clueless3

We as a group don't have enough cash lying around.
Tread carefully. You need competent private counsel. And yes, you will need the cash. But, the potential return can be big.

As this is a medication do I have to get additional approvals.
This depends on how you market your product. For minimal approval (US Health Department), DON'T market it as a drug (in which case you'll FDA approval and millions for testing and years of research and counsel) but market it as a SUPPLEMENT. And DON'T make outrageous claims.

I would like a patent and some kind of marketing for this medication.
For patent, contact the US Patent and Trademark Office, http://www.uspto.gov

registrations

Marketing a herbal medication for diabetes

Thanks Tranquility and Clueless (on a lighter note - this is the true state of my mind clueless yet tranquil).

You both have valid points. I should probably meet a intellectual property/ patents lawyer, get the formula protected.

I think I would need the protection - though its herbal yet the mixture is complex in terms of # of ingredients and amount how they need to be mixed. Its herbal as all ingredients are found naturally in the planet.

I would like to do it the right way even if it is a supplement by getting proper approval and yes that idea appealed to me - the last thing I would like to have is to live with the guilt of giving wrong medication to someone.

Thanks again.

clueless3

My partners and I have researched an created a herbal formulation which helps to control both type I and type II diabetes. We have been giving this medication to family and friends through word of mouth for over 5 + years now and the success rate is 100%. We have a few friends who are in medical profession using this medication successfully. In 4- 6 weeks one can see notice the effects of this medication by getting them off insuline.
Even though your formulation has "worked" 100% for a [relatively] small number of "patients" for 5+ years, this formulation has not gone through rigorous SCIENTIFIC testing and study (including double-blind tests where "patients" don't know what they are taking and for what). Therefore it cannot be submitted to the FDA as a drug. The best that it can do is to be a SUPPLEMENT where there is NO REGULATION whatsoever!!! (Isn't that amazing?? In this GREAT county, in the 21st century, there are STILL loopholes in the law for formulations that claim to "cure" all sorts of things. As long as they don't claim to be a "drug" then they can claim whatever else they want! I LOVE this country....)

byrd42

I hope you keep us posted and hope you get something that helps us diabetics on the Market. I have been Type I for 17 years. On both insulin and the pill. My A1C runs between 7 and 8, which is not good enough and I refuse to go on the pump.

Good Luck!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">