• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marketing New Product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John55

Hi,
I am wondering if someone can give me information on how to market a new product to large retailers. I’m in my early 70’s and have always wanted to develop a product and bring it to market and obtain a patent as I think this is one of the things that has made the US great nation. I have developed an item to be used with a toilet plunger of all things. I have found a company that will manufacturer the item in the US and developed a package with advertising to display the product. I taught myself a little HTML and made up a floppy disc with pictures etc. to demonstrate the item. I sent a packaged sample, for their use, along with the demonstration disc and a letter describing the product and telling the merchandising manager how to use the floppy to four of the largest hardware retailers in the country about four weeks ago. I have not received a reply. I really don't want to go through manufacturers reps as the margins between the cost and wholesale price are small. The product has to be sold in large quantities to make much of a profit.
Any information on how to approach the national retailers will be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">