• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanic's Liens / Abandoned Vehicles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjrocket

What is the name of your state? GA

Greetings all,

We own several automotive related businesses, including two busy complete car care centers.

In an attempt to be "understanding" we have allowed customers to go way too long without paying for their vehicle repairs. Some of these customers have promised to pay for their repairs. Others cannot be reached. Payment for some of these vehicles are several months past due. We still have the vehicles.

Mechanic's Lien - I understand that there is a limited time to file a mechanic's lien. In Georgia, I believe 90 days. Have we been "understanding" to a point where we can't even file mechanic's liens?

Abandoned Vehicles - Would going after titles on these vehicles as abandoned be another option?

This entire area is so confusing and this will obviously be an ongoing headache due to the volume of cars we repair. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

jjrocket

Different approach

Okay, a different approach...

How would I go about locating a firm that would help me these type questions and services?

Thanks again

fairisfair

Okay, a different approach...

How would I go about locating a firm that would help me these type questions and services?

Thanks again
your local department of motor vehicles department should be able to assist you with these questions, or at least to direct you to someone who can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">