• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minimum # of members to form a LLC??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Surfmaster2000

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Ok, Im new to the forum and hoping someone can answer a question or two for me. I am interested in starting a computer services business operated either out of the home or from a small local office. The business will not be poised to accept walkins or street business. It will strictly be an "onsite" service where I visit the customer at their location. My main question is this:

Can I form a LLC if I will be the only member of this company? I do not have any partners or investors to participate.

If the answer to the above question is NO, how can I take advantge of the taxation and the personal asset liability of an LLC?

I have researched the LLC formation pretty well, but have not heard much mention about the minimum numbers of members. Any help you can provide/suggest would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

A

austin32

Minimum # for LLC

Massachusetts requires minimum two members for LLC while all other states require atleast one. So you can incorporate LLC in Georgia.

S

Surfmaster2000

thanks a lot for the reply, I was hoping someone would know.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">