• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mortgage question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ktarra617

What is the name of your state? tx

my husband and I are in a little problem with our mortgage company. We purchased a manufactured home two years ago. We assumed the note from the previous owner. Our problem lies in that we are looking to sell the home and our payoff statement shows 5600.00 in legal fees and expenses that they are tacking on to the end of the note.

In our contract, it states that such fees may be included in the amount financed. We have gone back through our contract and found that the amount of the fees are not disclosed anywhere in the contract. Not in the truth in Lending disclosures nor the itemization of amount financed.

I was under the impression that Reg Z in conjuction with Consumer Credit Act required every little thing that the purchaser of the loan was to pay for was to be disclosed in the TIL disclosures?

We only found out that they were tacking these fees on and the amount after we requested a payoff statement...

We signed the contract for the amount financed of 35k. That is what we agreed to pay.

Are we obligated to these fees 1) they are not disclosed in the TIL disclosures and 2) the number of payments disclosed in the TIL only cover the principal balance of the contract?

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">