• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MSN REBATE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tsmilingatyou

I have been waiting for almost 4 months for my rebate from msn to no avail. i mailed my rebate in and they signed for it on 3/4/00. I have called them several times in the past 31/2 months and i have been told the same thing every time, to call back in 7 to 10 days. The rebate offer states i would recieve my rebate in 6 to 8 weeks I was sent a letter stating that i needed to call and update my account info so i called and was told my account info was fine and that these letters were being mailed out by the rebate dept. on a regular basis and to call that dept. MSN has been taking their money from me in the meantime for my internet access jwhich is what the 400.00 dollar rebate is for.I had asked to speak with a supervisor at the rebate dept. but was told that i could not and that they would have one call me. I have called to file a complaint with the atty.generals office but i was wonder what else i could do?

JETX

Sounds like you are going to have to get agressive.

I suggest the following:
1) Call them again. Make notes of all names that you talk with. Try to talk with a supervisor, get his/her name and address. Explain your situation and DEMAND that they take some positive action. Advise him/her that if they do not provide the promised rebate by a specific deadline (10 days?) that you will file a small claims suit against them (breach of contract, deceptive trade practices, etc.) Confirm this in writing to the supervisor. Send certified.
2) While waiting for their response, check with your local jurisdiction for consumer protection laws (Texas has a great DTPA allowing treble damages for violation).
3) You might also consider contacting your local media. Most TV stations have some type of investigative reporter doing consumer issues. Microsoft will NOT want this publicity.
4) If they don't send it within the allowed timeframe, file in small claims court. Be sure that you put the correct Defendant name. Contact your local state agency (Sec. of State?) and get the Registered Agent for Service, if one. If not, then mail a copy of the complaint (certified mail) to their corporate office. In your cover letter, demand the rebate, plus all costs incurred (court filing, postage, phone calls, etc.).

Hope this helps..

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">