• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My college won't give me the scholarships I won

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AppleJax

I live in North Carolina and attend a small private school. During my senior year of high school, I applied to this college and was accepted. Along with being accepted, I was also sent a financial award letter, stating that the college, based on my prior academic success, would pay 60% of my tuition for 4 years. After I began to attend this college, I became enrolled in the honors program, which has an attached scholarship amount. I also applied for and won several other academic scholarships. Here's the problem. When the itemized financial awards sheets were mailed out, I noticed that the college is not recognizing any aid in addition to that initial 60%. I'm not getting any of my additional earned scholarship money. When I confronted the school, they replied that they will not give me more than the 60% because they are not financially capable of doing so. They also admit that it is a waste of time for me to apply for further scholarships. There are NO statements in the initial 60% award letter limiting the amount of funds I can receive, which they also admit. I want to know if I have a chance of getting my scholarship money. They have done this to me for several semesters. Strange how they can build a new gym, but can't find the funds to pay for the education of a hard-working student.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Use some of that "hard-working" knowledge of yours and sue them for "Breach of Contract" and "Bad Faith Denial of Contract". Watch how fast they start paying.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">