• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My partner Stole over $7600 so I formed an LLC without him can he

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djwoot2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I was working with a sole proprietor contractor ex.(abc Contracting) that put me in charge of roofs. We started advertising (abc Roofing) a name that I came up with even though he had not registered it. So when it came to signing a contract everything was written on abc contacting. He then said he was going to make me a partner in the roofing side. Still no roofing company formed all advertisements that I created including any business cards have my number on them. We split the profit from the roofs 50/50. Then all of the sudden he started saying he had not collected money from jobs that I knew had. In all he had kept over $7600. After I called him out on it he told me that he will just turn over the roofing to me. So I took that as I will accept this and not go after him for my money. I went and checked with the state and abc roofing was not registered so I formed a corporation on monday and registered it. Monday evening he contacted me and stated we need to work out compensation for him on the abc roofing. I already registered with the state and have my own EIN number under the name abc roofing & gutters. My question is do I owe him anything and can he do anything about me owning my LLC? I have not told him about any of this yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">