• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my US corporation a real one?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susanali

Two years ago I paid for one of the websites that offer starting a Delaware corporation online. I went through the procedures and gave me back in return a number of documents Article of Organization, fss4 form, EIN, member certification ...etc On a later stage a learned that it is almost impossible to open a bank account for this entity unless I was physically there in the US. When I login to the Delaware corporations data base website or something like that, I find my LLC listed among others. My question is, is this entity a real one? Does it worth anything? Can I find more information about it on the web? I ask those questions because I want to restart a holding LLC offshore with a bank account, can I build up with this one? Do I need to dissolve it first?
Thank you
Susan

FlyingRon

Most likely your LLC is perfectly valid. Note that an LLC is NOT a corporation. It's an LLC.
Banks are free to have their own requirements for creating accounts.

An LLC isn't worth much unless you do something with it.
There's no requiement that you dissolve an LLC before creating another one.

tranquility

Most likely your LLC is perfectly valid. Note that an LLC is NOT a corporation. It's an LLC.
Banks are free to have their own requirements for creating accounts.

An LLC isn't worth much unless you do something with it.
There's no requiement that you dissolve an LLC before creating another one.
Even though not payments were made to the state? What do you mean by "valid"?

I choose to not answer the question because it is hard and depends on many things. I did not find it interesting enough to whip the OP to give up facts.

FlyingRon

Even though not payments were made to the state? What do you mean by "valid"?
Who said anything about payments not being made? If he didn't pay the first years franchise fee, he wouldn't have been been listed to begin with (and he said he was). Most likely part of the money remitted to the ripoff "start a deleware corporation" company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">