• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NDA and general questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaspin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Indiana

Backround: I have just started an LLC with 3 friends and have recently obtained our EIN #. We have set up a bank account and are looking to hire a contractor soon to build a website.

NDA Questions

1) I have used a template from Legalzoom for a unilateral NDA. However, I'm wondering if this will be legally binding overseas.
2) How would one go about obtaining a digital signature for said NDA
3) Would it be worth ~$150 to have a lawyer review it before issuing.

General Questions

1) Aproxamitly a month ago I filed an SS-4 Form to become an S-corp, but have yet to hear back from them. Should I followup?
2) We obtained our EIN # in January and I think I missed a Payroll Tax payment. There are 3 of us in our LLC and our business year follows the calendar year.
a) Have I missed a payment?
b) Where/How would i file a payment

The 'preview' function 'ate' my post last time so this is a skeleton of a larger post. If you have questions feel free to ask!

tranquility

1. The SS-4 does not an S-corp make. It is for your ein.
2. Maybe.
3. Unknown.
4. They'd love it if you went here:
https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Indiana

Backround: I have just started an LLC with 3 friends and have recently obtained our EIN #. We have set up a bank account and are looking to hire a contractor soon to build a website.

NDA Questions

1) I have used a template from Legalzoom for a unilateral NDA. However, I'm wondering if this will be legally binding overseas.
2) How would one go about obtaining a digital signature for said NDA
3) Would it be worth ~$150 to have a lawyer review it before issuing.

General Questions

1) Aproxamitly a month ago I filed an SS-4 Form to become an S-corp, but have yet to hear back from them. Should I followup?
2) We obtained our EIN # in January and I think I missed a Payroll Tax payment. There are 3 of us in our LLC and our business year follows the calendar year.
a) Have I missed a payment?
b) Where/How would i file a payment

The 'preview' function 'ate' my post last time so this is a skeleton of a larger post. If you have questions feel free to ask!
As Tranq said, form SS-4 is not a form to make an S-corp election. Form 2553 is for that. If you want the S-corp election to be good for 2013, you only have a few days left to file the form if you have not filed it. It must be filed by 3/15. There is relief available for the deadline but it would be simpler if you did not have to avail yourself of that relief.

I have no idea what you mean by NDA. If you mean Non Disclosure Agreement, it is unlikely that it would be binding overseas and may not even be binding in the US depending on the wording of the agreement. You really ought to have an attorney for that.

If you haven't started payroll, federally you have not missed a payment. If you signed up for Indiana payroll (which you will have to do separately) then Indiana expects you to report payroll from day one, even if its zero...and yes, you would have missed a reporting/payment for Indiana, and are close to missing a second one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">