• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on .com start-up.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tom_cc

I'm in the process of getting my site on-line and need to know:

1. Do I need a license if the sight is not a business?

2. What if I decide to make it a business later?

3. Can I trademark a name without a business license and use it for stickers and letterhead? (i.e. MyName.com)

I know that I need to seek an attorney but would like to know what to specifically ask.

Thanks

T

Tracey

No.
Yes.
Yes, you can TM the name & the logos. A good book is "Trademark: Legal Care for Your Business & Product Name," Elias, published by Nolo Press. www.nolo.com Your library probably has a copy. After you read a few self-help legal books, you'll know what questions to ask the attorney. No reason to pay her $120/hr to teach you the basics when a library book will do it for free!

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">