• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advise on partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TJT

Texas. I have a 50/50 partnership with someone that signed on with me about 6 months after opening my business. She worked with me pretty well for about 9 months. She ended up stepping out of the business completely and has not helped with anything for about 12 months total (4 months one time and 8 months another time). I've been too busy running the business through our busy times to address this situation. I am getting to move the location of the business and she, all of a sudden is very interested in what I am doing.

Do I have any rights to terminate our partnership based on her absense from the business, both financially, when needed, and physically?

GaAtty

GaAtty

It depends on what your partnership arrangement was. If it was written, there should be something about termination of the partnership. If it was not written, then what was your agreement?

Partnerships are not the best business arrangements. In the future, spend a few dollars and go to an attorney to get advice on a better business structure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">