• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help! Name forged on business corp.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roamer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY.

Back in 2003, I was working tech support for a large IT company. I was asked to start a side business with a client of that company. The conversation came up because several of us were getting laid off and he thought I would be an asset for this new venture.

We did meet however I got a bit nervous when he asked me for my SS# (Which I gave him) and wanted me to sign the corp papers (Never did). So I told him I was not interested.

Well he and another guy in Illinois started this business and somehow added me on the articles of organization. I get tax info each year from this company.They do not answer my emails or call me ever. The other partner in this company owns a real estate company as well. When the tax information comes, Its in their letterhead.

What can I do legally here? I know its not a legit business and the website has not even been updated since 2006.

Please, Any advice would be welcome.

Mike

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY.

Back in 2003, I was working tech support for a large IT company. I was asked to start a side business with a client of that company. The conversation came up because several of us were getting laid off and he thought I would be an asset for this new venture.

We did meet however I got a bit nervous when he asked me for my SS# (Which I gave him) and wanted me to sign the corp papers (Never did). So I told him I was not interested.

Well he and another guy in Illinois started this business and somehow added me on the articles of organization. I get tax info each year from this company.They do not answer my emails or call me ever. The other partner in this company owns a real estate company as well. When the tax information comes, Its in their letterhead.

What can I do legally here? I know its not a legit business and the website has not even been updated since 2006.

Please, Any advice would be welcome.

Mike

***A: write to the state biz. registration office and voice your concerns.

Roamer

HomeGuru - Thank You Very Much!

I wasted no time and called their office after you applied your answer. They said since they signed legal business documents in my name without my permission and are not following corporate guidelines in their state, I should consult with an attorney.

Agree?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

HomeGuru - Thank You Very Much!

I wasted no time and called their office after you applied your answer. They said since they signed legal business documents in my name without my permission and are not following corporate guidelines in their state, I should consult with an attorney.

Agree?
**A: yes, they gave you solid advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">