• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal advice on business owner rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

esun1234

Oregon

We run an on-line business and recently, a customer wrote saying that they wanted to make a return on $20.00 of items. They said that they had sent the items back to us but we never received them. They had indicated that the items were delivered back to us due to Delivery Confirmation, but we never got them. Since we never refunded them, they've gotten an attorney to send us a letter demanding that we refund them for $20.00.

As a business owner, what should i do? In all fairness, we never got her returned package. It's a minimal amount but it's the principal of first getting the returned items first before we can actually refund for it, isn't that true?

Also, based on this customer's purchasing history, the individual has caused a few minor problems like accusing us for now fulfilling her order properly and demanding that we send additional items for defective products. We doubt that any of her accusations are true as we rarely receive complaints from customers. Please help!

Antigone*

Oregon

We run an on-line business and recently, a customer wrote saying that they wanted to make a return on $20.00 of items. They said that they had sent the items back to us but we never received them. They had indicated that the items were delivered back to us due to Delivery Confirmation, but we never got them. Since we never refunded them, they've gotten an attorney to send us a letter demanding that we refund them for $20.00.

As a business owner, what should i do? In all fairness, we never got her returned package. It's a minimal amount but it's the principal of first getting the returned items first before we can actually refund for it, isn't that true?

Also, based on this customer's purchasing history, the individual has caused a few minor problems like accusing us for now fulfilling her order properly and demanding that we send additional items for defective products. We doubt that any of her accusations are true as we rarely receive complaints from customers. Please help!
You are talking about $20 bucks... Look as a business owner you have much more to lose if you don't play nice and give her the $20. Your reputation is much more than that. If we were talking $200 I'd probably have a different answer but come on...think of it as goodwill and write the damn $20 bucks off.

HomeGuru

Oregon

**A: you tell us as a prudent busines owner what you should do.

esun1234

The purchase was for over $200 but I think, the client told the attorney that they wanted ALL of their money back for that one transaction. The issue is, based on the e-mails this person had sent us, it was only worth $20 of products they were returning but since, we never got the package, we don't know what they sent and have no proof that they had sent back the entire package. In all the emails it was merely for $20.00 worth of items. I'd love to write it off but it sounds like this person is truly trying to rip us off!!!

Antigone*

The purchase was for over $200 but I think, the client told the attorney that they wanted ALL of their money back for that one transaction. The issue is, based on the e-mails this person had sent us, it was only worth $20 of products they were returning but since, we never got the package, we don't know what they sent and have no proof that they had sent back the entire package. In all the emails it was merely for $20.00 worth of items. I'd love to write it off but it sounds like this person is truly trying to rip us off!!!
it's $20 bucks man...stick a fork in this thread...it's done:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">