• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a little advice as to what may happen...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trikortrete

I have recently been given a court summons for excessive noise..I just moved here and this is the first time I have never been in trouble with the law...outside of a traffic ticket...Why would they not just issue me a ticket? or at least knock on my door and ask me to turn the music down? This was a one shot deal, I dont play my music loud on a regular basis. Can anyone give me some insight as to what will happen to me when I go to court? How high is this fine going to be?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trikortrete:
I have recently been given a court summons for excessive noise..I just moved here and this is the first time I have never been in trouble with the law...outside of a traffic ticket...Why would they not just issue me a ticket? or at least knock on my door and ask me to turn the music down? This was a one shot deal, I dont play my music loud on a regular basis. Can anyone give me some insight as to what will happen to me when I go to court? How high is this fine going to be?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone in your neighborhood does not take to that loud rap or rock music with that booming bass. What type of music were you playing? Did you get a warning from anyone to turn the music down? This a wake up call for you because you woke the neighbor up. He works graveyard shift. Do not play your music loud. Others do not like the same kind of music. Have you heard of headphones?

T

trikortrete

I totally admit the guilt..I was wrong, the questions that I have are that NO, no one knocked on my door or rang my bell to say it was to loud. Even when the police showed up, they never knocked and said "turn it down" ...no warning..nothing. Now I have a court summons...what does this mean to me? Am I going to get a huge fine?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trikortrete:
I totally admit the guilt..I was wrong, the questions that I have are that NO, no one knocked on my door or rang my bell to say it was to loud. Even when the police showed up, they never knocked and said "turn it down" ...no warning..nothing. Now I have a court summons...what does this mean to me? Am I going to get a huge fine? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I appreciate your honesty. When you go to court, do the same and tell the judge everything that you posted. Also that you will not play the loud music again. Your fine should be small.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">